> > > Enlightenment/Awakening doesn't appear; ignorance
> > dissappears.
> >
> > Good.  But I'd say that even this is problematic,
> > because
> > people have different interpretations of what the
> > word 'ignorance' means.
> >
> > I'd say something like, "Enlightenment doesn't
> > appear;
> > the perception of it not always already having been
> > present disappears."
>
> I'd replace "perception" with "apperception" and then
> I'd be happy as a clam!

Dr. Pete, I've been wondering about this while away
for the weekend.  I looked up 'apperception' in the
dictionary ( yes, I had to :-), and I find myself
unsure of the distinction you're making here.  Can
you clarify for me the difference you see between
'perception' and 'apperception' and why you feel one
is more appropriate here?  Thanks.

Not to argue or anything like that, just to understand...

Unc