This post made me think of the beginning of the film "The Last King
of Scotland" about a young Scottish doctor who decides in the '70s to
go off to Uganda under Idi Amin to do medical work.

The film begins with the doctor and how he chose Uganda as his
destination: he closes his eyes, spins a globe, and decides that he
will go wherever his finger randomly lands...which ended up being
Uganda (actually, it landed on Canada first but he did a take-
over 'cause that obviously wasn't a very exciting destination).

This parallels what happened to the Movement at the time Maharishi
died. Maharishi while alive continually invented new projects, great
new undertakings...and each time he did, he would abandon his most
recent great, new project.

These projects were always in flux, just like a spinning globe.

Maharishi's death was like the doctor closing his eyes and putting
down his finger in order to stop the globe and indicate a particular
location: whatever was Maharishi's passing fad-of-the-moment at the
time of his death, why that is what the Movement Peons like Bevan are
now stuck with doing for the rest of their lives.

If building the world's largest outhouse was what was tickling
Maharishi's fancy the week of his death, well, that would have ended
up being their lifes' work.

So I guess Bevan should be thanking his lucky stars that Maharishi's
attention was on something as interesting and as luxurious as the
Wall Street TM Center.  Otherwise, he may have been stuck with
Siberia or Central Africa.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sirenia108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I was wondering when the TMO's internal logic and bizarre MMY-
centric
> rationalizations would cough up a phlegmy furball like this:
>

> Dear Everyone,
> Dr Bevan Morris comments on the current economic situation in the US
> in light of Maharishi's programmes
> by Global Good News staff writer
>
> Global Good News
> www.globalgoodnews.com
>
> Speaking on 24 September Maharishi Global Family Chat, Dr Bevan
> Morris, Prime Minister of the Global Country of World Peace,
described
> his recent visit to Maharishi Vedic City, in Iowa, USA, and
commented
> on the current economic and political situations in the United
States.

> Dr Morris had visited Maharishi University of Management and
Maharishi
> Vedic City, where over 900 Vedic Pandits are currently part of the
> Invincible America Assembly and also performing daily Yagyas for the
> creation of Invincible America and world peace. Dr Morris said it
is a
> very difficult place to leave 'due to the saturated bliss, the
feeling
> of everything flowing in Totality there'.
>
> Dr Morris also spoke about the remarkable transformation that has
> taken place at 70 Broad Street in New York City, the new home of the
> Global Financial Capital of New York, which has been completely
> reconstructed internally and redesigned to be a place where the top
> leaders in any field will be welcomed and feel completely
comfortable.

> So many people have given so much detailed attention and put in so
> much hard work to bring the building to completion; Dr Morris
praised
> and appreciated all those individuals who have been involved.
>
> Dr Morris then gave his perspective on the current financial
situation
> in the United States and how the Invincible America Assembly is
> transforming the fortune and destiny of the United States; together
> with the change in the financial markets and the government, and a
> group of the most influential and wealthiest executives, who have
> expressed interest in learning Transcendental Meditation—all of this
> coming together at the same time Dr Morris felt was very
significant.

> Dr Morris reminded everyone that the great investment banks would
not
> previously invest in Maharishi Global Development projects because
> they said the projects were too risky, but now they are collapsing
due
> to unwarranted risks that were taken. Dr Morris said that the
current
> financial system, which he felt is 'upside down', is now being
> purified by the upsurge of coherence in the collective
consciousness.
> That which he felt was completely wrong, the huge contrast between
the
> great wealth and extreme poverty in the world—the upside down nature
> of the economy and finances—is now being set right, although we
cannot
> foresee in what way this will unfold.
>
> Dr Morris felt it must be that all these areas have to be purified
if
> we are to have a better world, and it was Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's
> intention that these transformations would be gradual, not happening
> so quickly that it would be destructive. Maharishi had said
previously
> that it was not the money from the banks that will relieve the
poverty
> in the world. It is the infinite potential of consciousness that has
> to be enlivened and that will relieve the poverty on every level.
>
> Dr Morris spoke about Maharishi's Poverty Removal Programme, the
great
> economic development programme with the Global Development Currency,
> the Raam; through this programme, any government will be able to
> rebuild and develop the schools, the housing, the roads, the cities,
> and also clinics for Maharishi Ayur-Veda—all built according to
Vedic
> principles of architecture, Maharishi Sthapatya Veda.
>
> Agriculture can also be transformed and developed through Maharishi
> Vedic Organic Agriculture, in which the unused lands of the poorer
> countries of the world are used to provide income and wealth through
> sales of organic produce to other countries.
>
> In every area of life transformation is needed—in health,
agriculture,
> education, etc—and now Maharishi's programmes are bringing all these
> areas of life to be founded on the reality of life, the unbounded
> level of consciousness, the Unified Field of Natural
Law, 'completely