--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of John
> Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 1:23 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] The USA National Debt-- An Unaddressed Question
>

> But who is brave enough to speak such words to the people?
>
> Ron Paul, but look where it got him.

Well Ross Perot also in the 1992 election

But, as in most things in life, you can't isolate one of many factors
and draw conclusions about causation. That is, was there ANYTHING else
about Paul and Perot that contributed to their losses? I think a lot.

Some day -- a candidate will have the whole package -- and the courage
to tell the truth about the budget deficits, national debt, foreign
holds of debt, greenhouse gases and climate change, the need for
energy independence and a REAL plan to achieve it, social security,
medicare, etc ...

Today we still are in the land of timid little sheep politicians. Some
are a bit braver than others. But still sheep, not lions.

Maybe when the public is educated sufficiently to understand it --
then the message will not be all dumbed down to 10 seconds sound bits
-- and winks. And America (or its successors) will seriously look to
competence, vision, integrity, facts and courage to tell them. And to
proactively paint a real vision of the future -- not a reaction to polls.