--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Stu" <buttsplicer@> wrote:
> >
> -snip-
> > I have heard these stories to.  Spent much of my years going to
> > lectures, reading, and discussing the charms of the Eastern
> tradition,
> > Western philosophy and comparitive religions.   What the
> > neuro-scientists, anthropologists, philosophers and meditators
> like me
> > are saying are that these stories are simply phychological and
> shared
> > cultural phenomonon based on inate traits of human consciousness.
> > Traits like the characteristic of "person permanance" that has a
> clear
> > evolutionary basis and real physiological function, and has
> expressed
> > itself in certain "feelings" about the afterlife.
> >
> > What is it I am missing?
> >
> > s.
> >
> I read the article also and it makes good sense based on common
> human experience-- if there has always been a "there" for us, we
> cannot concieve of a "no where".
>
> The direction of my thinking has taken a different direction on
> this, though-- after I had accepted that death means complete
> dissolution. This was a critical step for me, because only once I
> was sure I was comfortable with nothingness as a future, could I
> evaluate the completeness of existence without bias.
>
> And my evaluation said, why must the opposite of physical existence
> be nothingness? Why must the opposite of what the physical scientist
> measures and observes, be nothingness?
>
> Might there be a spectrum of existence all the way from absolute
> silence and darkness, to measurable physical existence? Even if the
> brain dies, flatline, what is to say there is not a currently
> unmeasurable brain that continues to exist? A subtle body all its
> own.
>
> I am not arguing for one point or the other. I see as incomplete
> what physical science holds as its mantra, and what the dreary new
> age and religious thinking is on this subject. I enjoy thinking
> about the full spectrum of creation though.

++  Read a book by a man that was on the phone when the system was hit
by lightening and his heart was stopped for twenty minutes which, I
think would qualify you as being dead.
    He restarted and told of his "interim" travels and, later in his
career "died" from a different cause and wrote about it.
    With this and all the NDE reports, it looks like you shouldn't
worry.  Will see if I can get the book title.    N.