This is the name of my favorite coffee table book, and in
fact the book that currently graces my coffee table in
Sitges. Veronique Vial managed to talk some pretty well-
known and well-recognized women into posing for her
"before 10 AM, before coffee, and before makeup."

The result is nothing less than stunning. I doubt that I
am the only man here who realizes that this is the "magic
hour," the place where the rubber meets the road in terms
of beauty. For those of us who love women, this is the
time we love them most. I wish I could find more photos
from the book on the Web, but so far this is all that I
have discovered:

http://www.powerhousebooks.com/photos/womenbefore10cover.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4472/n6806245411410843052yq7.jpg

http://img7.imagevenue.com/loc48/th_e30_clairedanes_whb_003.jpg

Other women in the book include Milla Jovovich, Gabrielle
Reece, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen, Salma Hayek,
Angelina Jolie, Jenny Shimizu, Julia Styles, Laetitia Casta,
Emily Watson, Daryl Hannah, Deborah Unger, Emma Thompson,
Holly Hunter, Julianne Moore, Frederique van der Wal, Claire
Forlani, Denise Richards, Laura Harring, Robin Tunney, Arielle
Dombasle, Alexandra Stewart, Alfre Woodard, Sofia Coppola,
Sigourney Weaver, Daphne Zuniga, Colleen Atwood, Demi Moore,
Rosanna Arquette, Mimi Rogers, Patricia Arquette, Cheryl
Tiegs, Gina Gershon, Julie Delpy, Amy Madigan, Winona Ryder,
Annabella Sciorra, Virgiinia Madsen, Allison Eastwood,
Jennifer Beals, and Robin Wright Penn.

None of them needed an $11,400-per-week makeup artist to
feel comfortable in front of the camera.

Doesn't it make you wonder about the mindset of someone
who does?