"A dunce once searched for a fire with a lighted lantern."

Joshu Washes the Bowl, The Gateless Gate No. 7, Zen Flesh, Zen Bones, compiled
by Paul Reps, translated by Paul Reps and Nyogen Senzaki, p. 176.
--- On Thu, 10/30/08, curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Is enlightenment really all it's cracked up to be?
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 11:47 AM

> What do you think?

I think you hit that post out of the park.

Since ancient cultures made no distinctions between personality
disorders or mental illness and enlightenment, I think they are very
poor reference points for the states of mind possible by humans and
what they mean. It is important to understand the different channels
our mind can function on up to a point. But spending a lifetime for a
particular state of mind...

The older I get, the less I care about my state of mind. It is the
least interesting thing about my day.

Great question Turq.