--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > What I remember being told is that the
> > content of thoughts that arise likely have
> > nothing at all to do with the content of
> > the stresses being released.
>
> That's only half true. I just looked it up, I still have the notes:
> let's say the stress was created through an overwhelming feeling of
> joy. When the stress is getting released you will re-experience the
> joy, but you will attribute it to something in your immediate
> environment.Let's say you expect a friend to come, and you will
> associate the *feeling* with the present event. But the feeling will
> be reminescent of the stress being released according to 2nd day
> checking.

I remember we were told it *might* pick up the
feeling, but it might not.  This would have been
in 1975; I wonder if it was changed since your
TTC.

<snip>
> Yes, understood. But in Indian terms, getting rid of Samskaras
> wouldn't necessitate reliving the energy of it. In Indian and I
guess
> Buddhist terms, Samskaras are desires or latent impressions giving
> rise to the desire to reincarnate. Purifying oneself of these
desires
> or impressions wouldn't necessitate living through it, not even
> emotionally or energetically.

Well, but that's pretty much what I remember
being told in the TM context.

<snip>
> > This explanation also has the effect of making it
> > easier to take thoughts as they come rather than
> > being tempted to examine them to discover what
> > stresses are being released.
>
> The explanation is phantastic. Thats the upside. The downside is,
> that if you believe in it, you are hooked up to a kind of
> cypernetic model of having to do something, and unless you do it,
> i.e. release stresses one by one, you can't get enlightened. Yet
> the truth is you can get enlightened in one stroke - immediate
> enlightenment, if you have the sudden insight, and disassoziate
> from your desire mind and ego.

Not sure what you mean by "phantastic," but I
don't see how the TM model precludes instant
enlightenment.  I never thought it did.  There's
more than one way to skin a cat.