--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "samskara: "Impression." The imprint or traces left in the mind
after
> an experience, whether in this or previous lives. Root impressions,
> especially from profound events, which mold character and guide
> actions.

t3rinity,
Thank you.  I was interested in your discussion of this.  Sanskaras
would be equivalent (more or less) with engrams (time of pain and
some degree of unconsciousness) in Dianetics; at least the "heavier"
imprints.  In Dianetics, one would not have to "relive" all such
imprints to become "Clear."  The collapse of the Reactive Bank (that
portion of the mind that works on a totally stimulus-response basis)
can occur rather quickly - like even in a session or two, although
that would be rare.

If TM dissolves such imprints, one would experience, IMO, the emotion
that is contained there (eg. anger, fear, apathy).  The difference is
that in Dianetics, one relives the experience, reexperiencing the
emotion but in continuing to relive it, comes up the emotional "tone
scale" until he is cheerful about it.  At this point the "reactive"
effect of that imprint is gone.  One then operates more under one's
own volitional control.

According to Dianetics, when something in your environment is similar
to information stored in the engram, the emotion, unconsciousness or
pain will be restimulated and will be to some degree reexperienced
(dramatized).  As this is usually on the sub conscious level, one
picks out something in the current environment to "blame" the
unwanted feelings on.  This is similar to Judy's idea (or MMY's) that
as the stress is released in TM, one will have a thought that
reflects the "quality" of that imprint, rather than the actual
content of the stress being released.

Thanks again for your explanation.

Jeff