--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Richard Greene
>  On July 27, 2004 I sat in The Fleet Center and watched State
> Senator Barack Obama give his 16 minute Keynote Address at The
> Democratic Convention in Boston. After it was finished I knew that
> I had seen "Words That Shook The World," as impressive in every way
> as the others included in my book.

Interestingly, that is the very moment at which
I first noticed Barack Obama, too, and the moment
at which I knew he would be President.

Simply put, there had not been a better orator or
a person from whom the oratory came from as deep
a place in decades. Yes, he stood out because of
his charisma and command of the spoken language,
but more he stood out because of the lack of
charisma and the mediocrity of the spoken lang-
uage in the other politicians around him.

This campaign -- the most effective and profes-
sionally run in American history -- has proved that
those two factors are not all that he brings to
the table. As many have said, it may be his oratory
and his charisma that first capture your attention,
but it's his hard Yankee pragmatism, his love of
reason, and his reserve in the face of unconscion-
able provocation and attacks that holds it. May all
of these qualities serve him -- and us -- well in
the next 8 years.