Back in the TM world, I used to like doing intro
> lectures.  I wound up giving a lot of advanced lectures
> at centers and residence courses, but to be honest the
> best thing I liked about them was not the prepared spiel
> but the Q&A.  I liked that process of being thrown a
> question I had no canned answer for, and having an answer
> come out anyway, distilled from 20 different things I'd
> heard in 20 different situations but had never pulled
> together before, and intuiting that it was an *OK*
> answser.  Real magic.
>
> Unc

I'll bet you were good.  You're a find crafter of the written word.
I do better with the spoken ones (although I have been requested
to "shut the hell up" on more than one occasion).

With the "controversial" nature of Scientology, I get plenty of
practice at the above (answering lots of q's).  With varying results.
We use a personality graph with 10 characteristics to spark our
inquiry with new people regarding how Scientology might help them.
One charactristic, when low on the graph, shows someone is unwilling
to trust, usually as a result of having been screwed over in the
past.  They "push people away" as a defense mechanism.  I dubbed it
(in woman) "The Bitch Syndrome."  I actually was getting away with it
when the girls (many of whom are very low on this one)asked me what
it meant (the actual trait is Lack of Accord)  "Well, some people
feel like you're a bitch"  Worked 5 times.  They looked at me and
then we both laughed.  Don't want to tell you what happened the 6th
time.  Suffice it to say, I don't do that anymore. :-)

Would love to hear more about the Inquisiton lifetime.  Will I have
to read your book?

Jeff