> --- On Mon, 11/10/08, raunchydog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I saw "W". The most disgusting part of the film that made me audibly
groan, and nearly throw a shoe at the screen, was the
shameless attempt to rehabilitate Colin Powell's record on Iraq.
Coincidentally, the movie's release happened about the same time as
his endorsement of Obama. Figures.

I don't believe for a second that the Powell cleansing was "timed" to
go with his endorsement.  That seems silly.  But as you say, to try to
cleanse Powell's role in the scam is pretty low.  What I can't figure
out is how people still want to jump on the Condie Rice bandwagon, as
though she is an up and comer for the Repubs.  I see her as totally
incompetant and weak. If I were a student at Stanford, I wouldn't
stand for her returning there.

At least Powell had the courage to resign, even if he capitulated to
peer pressure to justify the war.