--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kaplan sold Books Are Fun to Reader's Digest in 1999 for $380
> million -- now RD is selling BAF for $17.5 million...

Couldn't happen to a nicer company. :-)

I did a two-month project for Reader's Digest once,
working in their headquarters, and when it was over
it was like being released from prison.

I've never encountered a more paranoid, fascist
organization in the business world. The halls were
literally patrolled by guards armed with automatic
weapons. Employees' private lives were monitored,
and if they did something that RD considered
"inappropriate," they were fired. Horrible place,
horrible company.