On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:25 PM, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/5zm6ox

By now we're getting use to the surprise that humans aren't so very
different from each other genetically nor are they all that much
different from other creatures.  Single genes or even genetic switches
give creatures who seem very remotely different from us the defining
feature which separates us.  I was fascinated by a PBS program on
attempts to turn a chicken into a dinosaur by turning on certain
proteins during development.  It turns out that the chicken and many
fowl pass through many vestigial dinosaur states while developing.
Things are simpler than we imagined they'd be.