Alex Stanley wrote:
> $163 for a car battery strikes me as kinda high. I sliced one end off
> my battery tray in order to use an oversized battery in my Dodge
> truck, and those batteries run about $120. The battery brand I always
> recommend is Interstate. I got only two years of service out of the
> factory battery and only one year out of a $60 Walmart battery. The
> Interstate batteries last 5-6 years, and they'll start my truck at -18
> deg F.
The Sears Die-Hard batteries are only from $70-90 and the more you pay
the longer the life.   I note that Sears has some $190 "Platinum"
batteries and maybe it was that kind of battery they were trying to
sell.  I've gotten the Die-Hard batteries as replacements for years and
never had a problem.  The one that went out was the one that came with
the car.  The funny thing was the dead battery behaved differently in
the Forester than I had ever experienced before and thought it was
something else.   The dealer suggested having it towed in but the tow
truck driver thought it was the battery and jumped it saving me the tow
charge.  My neighbor had one of those portable jumping units and told me
to take it with me when I got the battery replace in case the car died
on the way.