> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > Comment by lightacandle | 2008-11-20 10:54:16
> [...]
> > But with Arnold Schwarzenegger, it seems he could do any
> > OBNOXIOUS thing and the cheers would go on and on and on �
> > because he is not Agnes Schwarzenegger (who would have been
> > laughed off the public scene if she had run with Arnold's
> > non-existent political resume) � he is
> > Arnold, so everything is hunky-dory.
>
> Why are people surprised that women are judged by different
> standards of attractiveness (one of the primary requisites for
> winning ANY kind of popularity contest) than men are?
> . . .
> Would you want your MOTHER to look and behave like Ahnold?

More important, would you want your TV stars
to look like Ahnold?

Here's a chance to put that to the text. It's
an article and a film clip (a very funny and
telling film clip) from Heavy.com (supposedly
a "men's entertainment website") starring four
female bodybuilders in "Flex And The City," a
recreation of the opening credits of and a
classic scene from "Sex And The City." The
insipid dialog (which could have been written
by our own Raunchydog if she could write any-
thing herself, instead of reposting the ideas
of others) takes on new meaning when delivered
by women who are in better shape than any of
the men reading this, and who could crush their
skulls like an eggshell:

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/05/sex_and_the_city_with_female_b.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/6f4x8a

I found it very funny and instructive indeed.
And I'll admit to having had a girlfriend once
who was an Olympic athlete (although she was a
fencer, and not as pumped up as these gals), so
I don't find them unattractive at all. In fact,
I love that they're able to deliver the dialog
of SatC as well or better than the original cast.

Following a link in the article, I found other
fun parodies at the same website like one called
"(Over) The Hills," which seems to be a geriatric
satire of an MTV series, "The Hills."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqW-0zD6Ok

There is also a profile of Brother Casare Bonizzi,
an Italian Capuchin monk who sings in a death metal
band in his spare time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aly_qWmRZUI

And (especially for Raunchydog) there is "Hott 4
Hill," Taryn Southern's tremendous music-video
love song to her favorite pantsuited hottie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sudw4ghVe8

The last one is actually fabulous, one of the
best-produced music videos I've seen in some time.
Whoever Taryn Southern is, she's got talent, even
if she does have odd taste in derrieres.