--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He suggests that many people have become obsessed with work, sex and
eating in an attempt to ignore their underlying unhappiness, and
criticises corporations and industries that have benefited from
promoting false notions of fulfilment.

I agree with the Abbot. But after decades of the Ad Man pushing
consumerism in a free market, what's a capitalist society to do?
Picking on Disney as the corrupter of little minds is a drop in the
bucket. My personal villain is American Girl http://tinyurl.com/2q6vfd

I planned taking my 4 year old granddaughter on the Amtrak from Mt.
Pleasant and to see "Frog and Toad" at the Children's Theater in
Chicago for the weekend. Since we were staying in a hotel nearby, on
the recommendation of a friend, we visited the American Girl Store.
Hundreds of females of all ages packed the place front to back with
very long check out lines, only one on each of two floors. Every doll,
accessorized to the eyeballs. One doll even had its own poodle, which
included a leash, collar and I.D. tag. You probably could have gotten
dog food for it as well. Call me a scrooge but I didn't buy a doll.
Unbelievable.