--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Luise" <janluise@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm curious as why you linked this music with  such a gut blue-y
> > > number as the Stand By Me that started this thread?
> >
> > Nabby, after all these years, doesn't know
> > how to start a new thread.
>
> Thanks for your concern but I don't understand what you are talking
> about; in the subjectline on my screen it says "Re: Jan Garbarek
> Group" - is that different from yours ?

Yes. On the detail page for this post, one sees
your Subject line as a kind of sub-Subject line,
while the post itself is still clearly within
the thread called "Stand By Me - Playing for Change."

This is what happens when you reply to an existing
post. Your post is going to be *in that thread*, and
will *not* start a new thread, even if you change the
Subject line when you send it.

This is the reason that when you fire off some new
post by replying to the "UFC Goons" post you obviously
stored somewhere, the new post always is part of the
"UFC Goons" thread. It does NOT create a new thread.

I understand that if you are viewing your posts in
your own email reader that you probably can't see this.
I'm just trying to explain it to you for the benefit
of people who might read Fairfield Life "threaded,"
or by topic. If you really intend to create a new
topic, the way to do it is to send your new post
directly to the mailing list address, *not* by replying
to an existing post. That will *never* create a new
thread; it will always be part of the parent thread
of the post you replied to.

Generally, it is considered "nicer" to start all-new
threads than to change the Subject line of an existing
thread. Just FYI.