Since there still seems to be some bizarre combination of
excuse-making, reality dodging, blame-shifting, and general confusion
among the right as to why Obama won, let me lay it out real simple for
you:

Two Wars

Dow at 8000 when it was up near 14000 a short bit ago

Our financial industry so screwed up that we are spending trillions to
rescue ourselves

At the very least, five trillion in national debt over the last eight
years

$500 billion deficit

A deep recession for the last year while all Republicans did was say
we are not "officially" in a recession.

Rising unemployment

Stagnant wages

Skyrocketing health care costs

$4 dollar a gallon gasoline

And on and on and on. The Republicans have lost the last two elections
not because of media bias, but because they are being blamed for the
current mess we are in, and they are being blamed for good reason.
Until 2006 they controlled Congress and the White House, right now
they control the White House.

The Republicans did not lose because of media bias. Dan Rather wasn't
in New Orleans knocking water bottles out of people's hands at the
convention center. Brian Williams didn't crash the stock market. Keith
Olbermann didn't invade Iraq. Chris Matthews doesn't run OPEC.

Republicans lost because they were in charge of the country for the
better part of the last decade, and their governance has been an
unmitigated disaster. This is not rocket science. You can argue that
democrats should share some of the blame for some of the policies, and
you would not get any disagreement from me, but that does not change
the fact that the Republicans were in charge, and blew it.

~~  John Cole, former Republican
http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=14275