On Jun 25, 2005, at 10:46 AM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 25, 2005, at 1:38 AM, sparaig wrote:
>>
>>> SSRS isn't ever going to be interviewed on national TV in the USA
>>> based on his reputation from 30 years previously, now is he?
>>
>> He got invited to the White House, how many teachers can claim that?
>
> So did a bunch of other folks over the years. If you ask who SSRS is,
> how many will say
> "that sitar guy?"

Well I think that was always a problem, thus the dual sri's.

> Seriously, are you saying that SSRS is comparable to MMY? His website
> mentions his MMY
> associations before he set out to form his own organization. Many
> claim that his
> meditation technique is taken from TM.

I think they are very similar, but in many ways (IMO) SSRS is more
compassionate and authentic. I look at both of them as just 'other
people on the path' not necessarily as enlightened--and indeed neither
has claimed such.

Since TM is not unique truly, in the ultimate sense it's manasika-japa
with a really nice checking routine; I know that many use, in essence,
the same method with similar or same results. IMO the major fault of TM
is that it does not fully address the obstacles individual seekers may
encounter. It also does not address those who may need to move beyond
mantra as a support or cannot work well with mantra period after a
certain point.

It's the individual that's important and that to the degree they can
simply observe and "be honest" with their own condition (body, energy
and mind-wise).