--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John wrote:
> > Finalizing the Divorce from President Bush
> >
> What's Wrong With This Picture?
>
> "Practically without exception he has chosen
> to staff his government at its highest levels
> with refugees from the Clinton years. This is
> emphatically true in the realms of foreign
> and economic policy. It would, in fact, be
> hard to find an original idea among the new
> appointees being called to power in those
> realms -- some way of looking at the American
> empire abroad or the structure of power and
> wealth at home that departs radically from
> views in circulation a decade or more ago...."

Yeah, he should have gone with all those guys from the Bush years who
got us into this mess!  Of he could have picked a bunch of
inexperienced people who can learn on the job at a time when our
country is in one of the worst economic crisis and worst international
relationships in our history cuz we have so much time to figure this
all out?

This comparison of how he is trying to hit the ground running with
people who already know their way around with the abstract idea of
"change" is a confusion of logical levels.  The people he is putting
in place will be throwing ideas at him from the position of having
been there and having done that before.  The changes he can implement
with a crew like this will avoid at least some of the untested
mistakes of inexperienced people.

And if the worst thing that happens is that we return to the economic
condition of our country during the Clinton years, and our status with
other countries of the world...

would that really be sooooo bad?