John wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:
>
>> cardemaister wrote:
>>
>>> I recently found on the net a prediction by a Western ("tropical")
>>> astrologer from 2005, where he said something like this (paraph.):
>>> when Pluto moves into Capricorn in 2008, many big companies
>>> shall be in dire straits.
>>>
>>> I wonder, is there anything in sidereal astrology that could
>>> have predicted the same?
>>>
>> Obviously because they have had thousands of years of observing
>>
> Pluto's
>
>> transits they knew exactly what would happen.
>>
>> IOW, it was a WAG.
>>

> The ancient jyotishis only knew of nine planets, the furthest among
> them is Saturn.  The ancients did not know the existence of Pluto since
> it cannot be seen by the naked eye.
>
> IMO, it appears that the present western astrologers have created their
> astrological interpretations after the discovery of Pluto in the 20th
> century.
>
> Notwithstanding the apparent gap of knowledge, present jyotishis, like
> KN Rao, have claimed that they too have predicted the worldwide
> economic problem using the ancient jyotish techniques.
Not mention Neptune and Uranus which are not visible without a telescope
either.  What they are doing is extrapolating an interpretation of these
outer planets as they transit through certain signs.   Outside of the
the Sun and Moon that have observable effects upon the Earth's
environment and creatures I think the other planets were mainly used as
markers for observed macro cycles in nature.  Hence they are not precise
and astrology should be used abstractly but it is still "close enough
for jazz."