On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM, ruthsimplicity
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal"
>
> Why don't you start a thread of your stories and experiences?  Please?
>
> I have heard from my contacts in FF that many on the IAA seem to be
> very depressed, but I can't pry too much for specifics.

I'll think on starting a thread about my experiences and those of
others on IA.  I've already received some hostile reception here from
someone who suggested very strongly that I go with going into silence
on IA this time because of my postings.  As in shut up.

I guess my recounting of the Israeli antics weren't entirely
understood.  This guy was blasting away the very excited emails for
hours a day while in silence.  You develop a great deal of pent up
emotional energy on IA and the energy blowing off of people is
something you can feel as you pass them in the lobby of the dome.

Depression?  An amazing amount.  But think about it.  This is self
selection here.  Until the international stipends were cancelled you
had pretty much huddled masses from all over the US, (mostly the
Eurozone) and Canada.  People who find the motivation to give up their
lives to come to FF and live in a trailer for months at a time trying
to make a meager stipend last through the month are a special sort.
There are some having a ball free spirits I admire for their innocence
and stability then there are the many who appear to have not been
dealt a full hand in life, the hangers on.  I don't know if the
clearing I heard about last year has been implemented.  I doubt it.
There was rumor amongst Dome spies (at least ones suspected to be
such) that those people who hadn't hopped in years were going to have
their stipends cancelled.  I feel for these guys.

Mind you I only know about one dome.  Word spreads around the dome in
waves that travels almost faster than the speed of sound.