Vaj,
a Sanskrit Poet of Benares, an "Ashu Kavi" (spontaneous poet), Pt. Veni
Madava Sastri 'Shashtrartha Maharathi' wrote verses about Guru Deva in
about 1952. But, Guru Dev asked for them to be taken to the river. 'Tie
it down with a big stone, heavy, put it in the Ganges!'
However, there still exist five verses of Sanskrit verse by this same
poet, dedicated to Guru Dev, the fourth of which Maharishi included in
the TM puja. These are to be found in Sanskrit and translated into
Hindi and English at:-
http://www.paulmason.info/gurudev/praarthanaa.htm
Also posted there is a transcript of the story of the poet & the puja
as told by Maharishi on a course in Rishikesh 1969.