bob_brigante wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, billy jim <emptyb...@...> wrote:
>
>> " - or that the siddhi program doesn't use Sanskrit?"
>>

> *********
>
> Siddhis instruction in India is in Sanskrit -- it's so close to Hindi
> that understanding is not a problem, evidently.
Hiindi is written using the Devanagri alphabet and they would already be
able to properly pronounce the Sanskrit words mentally.  Westerners
would get the pronunciation wrong.  I think about the great lengths that
went into getting the transliteration of the puja close to western
English pronunciation so that it was not so difficult to learn it.  My
study of Sanskrit as well as Hindi made it much easier for me to learn
the tantric siddhis compared to other students who don't know Sanskrit.