> A court can't rule that a teaching is "a religion"
> in some universal sense, as if it had authorization
> from God, or as if religion was a clearly definable
> thing like a can of Coke.

Here's MMY's definition of Religion: "The word comes from the Latin
infinitive 'religare': re, meaning back, 'ligare', to bind; or, that
which binds one back. The purpose of Religion is to bind man back to
his source, to his origin." MMY SOB pg255.

Sounds like a clear definition to me, just like Coke, unless you want
to argue semantics, 'stand alone' TM clearly falls under this definition.