The same could be said however of LSD and its culture, to which we also must
bow our heads for it opening the door to the East for so many, for good and
bad.

In the series on VH1 on Drugs and culture the narrator speaks to the effect
that alot of young people followed the Beatles into Psychedelica. For good
and bad.

Basic tenet of mental training is that ones intention brings the result,
thus Shakti can be used any way one intends with only the pricetag to be
paid. Will one perpetuate samsaric purposes or try to mix them with
liberated purposes?  Or go for just being liberated from samsara. Many will
take that and stick right there. Not that I know much about liberation. A
good Bourbon though brings sometimes much more than mere samsara or
liberation alone.