I was hoping that The One would get us to bite the bullet and replace and
build out our crumbling infrastructure but he's going to do very little,
most of it tax cuts ,which are a very good idea because they act quickly,
and symbols.  What little his stimulus bill will do beyond tax cuts is aimed
at his misguided idea that if we just insulate here and there and build cars
that get hundreds of miles to the gallon (yeah, right), we'll all be in
great shape.  That's not exactly the way Brazil, which is energy
independent, did it.  But why look to other countries for examples?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/28/news/economy/infrastructure_report_card/index.htm?postversion=2009012811

http://tinyurl.com/c7p2f7