--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk 5th Annual Film Expo -
> February 6th & 7th, 2009
>
> Plan to attend the Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk 5th Annual
> Film Expo February 6th & 7th. Bring your family and friends
> and join the film-loving crowds at this weekend’s festivities.
> The Fairfield Public Library will be hosting the Young People's
> Film Project workshop for 5th - 8th graders where kids can create
> a short 3-5 minute film and put it on YouTube! Be a Hollywood
> hotshot and create your own 5-10 minute short film to enter in
> the do-it-yourself Art Walk Short Film Contest. Or learn about
> the wonderful world of creating high-end film animation. Discover
> your hidden talent at this year's 5th Annual Film Expo!

This sounds like fun, Rick, and if I were
in the area I´d definitely go.

But it was the wording of the blurb and the
invitation to ¨discover your hidden talent¨
and ¨be a Hollywood hotshot¨ that reminded
me of something I wanted to post to FFL.

In the latest issue of one of my French film
magazines is a full-page ad for an XBOX game
called ¨You´re in the Movies.¨ It shows an
extremely cheezy (and, let´s face it, no one
can be as cheezy as him) Burt Reynolds smiling
and saying, ¨You´re in the Movies, c´est le
meilleur jeu video sur le cinema que j´aie
jamais vu.¨ ( YITM is the best video game on
movies that I´ve ever seen. ) The quote is
attributed to ¨Burt Reynolds, Acteur Charis-
matique,¨ which requires no translation. :-)

It´s very funny. At the bottom of the ad it
says, ¨Camera included. Burt Reynolds sold
separately.¨

Anyway, I looked it up, and it really does
come with a video camera, and you really do
shoot footage of yourself and your friends,
and then put them in the canned ¨movies¨
that come with the game.

Yeah, it´s cheezy, but it also sounds like a
shitload of fun to me. If I had an XBOX, I´d
buy one. Check out the YouTube link below,
and you´ll see why I´m describing Burt´s
presentation as ¨cheezy.¨ It´s intentionally
cheezy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3gSxrQvlZVs

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/y/yitm/

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1626/Youre-in-the-Movies/p1/