> Last week I saw an oral surgeon for a consultation
> about a problem tooth. He's about 10 years younger
> than me, very attractive, and to my surprise I found
> he was ogling me--and I ogled back. The mutual ogling
> was quite appropriate, I should add, all in the
> context of discussing how he was going to fix my
> tooth. But the "spark of attraction" you describe was
> unmistakable, even in that distinctly unromantic
> context.
>
> I still get ogled by men my own age and older, but
> not so often by younger men, so this encounter was
> a nice ego boost.

As is the case with most woman as they get older, nothing wrong with
feeling flattered (especially if you weren't looking for it) though I
think it's important to remember that your true self esteem and
happiness come from your own sterling character (or conversely, lack
of it) and not so much from your physical appearance, after all it is
only the most exterior and objective part of your true self.

True self-esteem and happiness come from seeing yourself in the eyes
of God and/or scripture and knowing you are following those guidelines
successfully.  Once you transgress the boundaries of ethical or moral
living your self-esteem (and inner well being and happiness) suffers
also, immediately.