--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Billie, what if God doesn't exist? Or Go exists and God is found
> > to be way different than you conceptualize God?
> >
> > I imagine your reaction would be one of devastation -- but that is
> > only speculation.
> >
> > I imagine if God exists and Curtis met God, he would say "cool"
> > -- so to speak, -- I am sure he would have more eloquent words.
> > His life would be similar to how it is now.
>
> Which, if there is a God, I imagine God, ironically.  would find the
> use of God as a crutch less worthy than one who is thinking and
> acting with tools God created in him.
>
> And if God actually prefers the man using God as a crutch, then that
> may speak to the deficiency of the God's creative power to create
> self-sufficient beings. That such had God may be a lesser God -- not
> the Creator of the entire cosmos.
>
> Think about it -- God has to manage the whole Cosmos. If God is smart
> -- and if God exists I hope its a smart God ( what if God is like
> Bush) -- from God's view, or any managers, is it more efficient to
> micro manage every single thing God creates humans, plants, cells,
> galaxies)  or to create the tools within each being to be make
> decisions far down the chain of command as possible.
>
> If man is truly made in the image of God, then doesn't it follow
> that man has the blueprint -- and has the resources to (eventually)
> figure it out and manage their lives productively and with other
> people and nature?

My suspicion is that the "blueprint" comes from
us, not from God.

"If triangles had a God, He'd have three sides."
- old Yiddish proverb

> What parent wants their kid living at home at 30, totally dependent
> on the parents for sustenance and guidance in every single little
> thing that comes along? If no parents want this, why would God, for
> God's sake, want it?

Gotta agree. The *sickest* belief system I can
imagine is that which postulates a "jealous god."
You know, the "Thou shalt have no other Gods
before me" thang. How petty. How human to project
that onto what you conceive of as God.

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I
was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up
and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics
or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't
believe?'"
- Quentin Crisp