--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Fischer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > This isn't nearly as poignant but is one of the most popular online
> > videos amongst my son's generation. The team that did it won their
> > talent competition I believe.
> >
> > http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pingpong.php
>
> Very clever.  Enjoyed it!

There's an entire generation of really cool, online-distributed videos
out there. We're familiar with South Park (though many don't realize
that the first episode, Santa vs Jesus, was a quicktime movie on a
website) but there are literally millions more out there. Some launch
careers, ala South Park, and some are hobbies of already established
animators, like this one, done by the lead animator for one of the
Matrix movies:

Killer Bean II:

http://www.jefflew.com/videos.html

Then there's this one, one of my favorites, an MTV-style video using
scenes from an animation, runner up in some online music video contest.
(this is the first online music video I've ever seen, and still makes
me crack up because of the Japanese animation tie-in with the nonsense
lyrics of a Spanish cover of a Swedish song).

 "Jinai and the Bugrom," lyrics "Hubba hubba zoot zoot" covered by
Caramba:

http://www.animeclips.mu.nu/avi/StudioHybrid_JinnaiBugrom.mpg

Did I mention that I'm studying computer animation these days?