--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, in response to your original question, I don't
> think all channelers are stupid. My opinion based on
> my own short experience with channeling (Teachings of
> the Inner Christ a la Susan Chumsky) is that it is
> something that was very, very unhealthy for me to
> participate in. It opened me up to all sorts of
> unpleasant subtle realms and very, very funky subtle
> beings. Other's have completely different, positive
> experiences with it. So my critque of channeling was
> being over-stated in an offhand way (i.e., ...doesn't
> that sum it all up..." etc.) My personal opinion is
> that it is foolish to channel. That's all.

Some years after I had enjoyed channeling, I attended a circle
hosted by Susan Shumsky -- say, circa 1986-7. At one point she
directed us to listen to our Inner Christ (or some such; I do not
recall her actual terminology here) and give voice to it. Absolutely
everyone started singing as close to a pure soprano as
possible. "Higher is better!" appeared to be the unspoken belief --
classic TM stance. Anyhow, I listened and my voice emerged in an
extremely deep tone, like a Tibetan chant. Sudden shock. Susan
stopped singing, and rapidly went through an exorcism prayer! My
toning ceased until she was done ... expectant silence rang through
the room ... and out it came again, the exact same basso. The whole
room cracked up in laughter. This is not to say that I do not have a
lot of respect for Susan Shumsky's calling and work, overall.