Hey, I just am coming out of Rahu and it has been rough.  Rahu lasts quite a
long time. During this time I involuted I would say.  But here's the thing.
You cannot help it so just go with it. This is the way to appease adverse
forces. If you can't beat em, join em.  I am so finally happy to be going into
a very well placed Guru in 2012. So for me personally 2012 has significance
beyond the New Ager. Rahu was very spiritual for me, though also very 'dirty.'
Though I often found it hard to practice during this period. I would therefore
suggest that you make a firm committment during this whole period to at least
do your Ishta or practice every day if only for a minute. So while I often
couldn't sit still to meditate I still developed quite a bit.  For the sadhu
out there a rahu period can be very good for clearing out old modes of thought
and behavior.  So Buddha Bless! God Bless! Just enjoy Rahu.  It is a bit more
nitty gritty and so you'll be maybe living a bit closer to the bone than
perhaps other times.