--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, George DeForest
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All cities except Vedic City plan on using part of their sales tax
income to pay down debt on the soon-to-be Civic Center (now that the
county jail debt is paid off, which Vedic City also declined to help
pay down, despite the fact that MUM student Sem spent a lot of time
there during his murder trial), so Vedic City has created an
atmosphere of non-cooperation in which it is going to be very
difficult for the elected officials of Jefferson County to support
Vedic City's projects, just as the Jeff Co supervisors declined to
support the loan for the pundit project (thank God, they didn't build
a facility for 8000 pundits who can't come here!):

http://geocities.com/bbrigante/updates.html#option

> State officials asking questions about Vedic City grant proposal
>
> By Erik Gable, Ledger assistant news editor
> June 29, 2005
>

> Officials from the Iowa Department of Economic Development
> will visit Maharishi Vedic City soon in order to answer some
> lingering questions about the city's request for money from
> the Community Attractions and Tourism fund, part of the state's
> Vision Iowa program.

<SNIP>