> Smoking pot makes ya lazy and stupid, that's why society has
>enacted
> laws agin it (not that this alcohol-based society has a leg up on
> stupidity). These kids threw away the opportunity to really expand
> their consciousness through TM and, proving the point about how
> stupid pot makes ya, used 100x the electricity an ordinary
>household
> would use just so Sheriff John would get the message.

The question recurs, "how shall we fortify against it?"

The answer is simple. Let every American, every lover of liberty,
every well wisher to his posterity, swear by the blood of the
Revolution, never to violate in the least particular, the laws of the
country; and never to tolerate their violation by others.

As the patriots of seventy-six did to the support of the Declaration
of Independence, so to the support of the Constitution and Laws, let
every American pledge his life, his property, and his sacred honor;--
let every man remember that to violate the law, is to trample on the
blood of his father, and to tear the character of his own, and his
children's liberty.

Let reverence for the laws, be breathed by every American mother, to
the lisping babe, that prattles on her lap--let it be taught in
schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in
Primers, spelling books, and in Almanacs;--let it be preached from
the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in courts
of justice. And, in short, let it become the political religion of
the nation; and let the old and the young, the rich and the poor, the
grave and the gay, of all sexes and tongues, and colors and
conditions, sacrifice unceasingly upon its altars.

While ever a state of feeling, such as this, shall universally, or
even, very generally prevail throughout the nation, vain will be
every effort, and fruitless every attempt, to subvert our national
freedom.

They were a fortress of strength; but, what invading foeman could
never do, the silent artillery of time has done; the leveling of its
walls. They are gone.--They were a forest of giant oaks; but the all-
resistless hurricane has swept over them, and left only, here and
there, a lonely trunk, despoiled of its verdure, shorn of its
foliage; unshading and unshaded, to murmur in a few gentle breezes,
and to combat with its mutilated limbs, a few more ruder storms, then
to sink, and be no more.

They were the pillars of the temple of liberty; and now, that they
have crumbled away, that temple must fall, unless we, their
descendants, supply their places with other pillars, hewn from the
solid quarry of sober reason. Passion has helped us; but can do so no
more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating,
unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future
support and defence.--Let those materials be moulded into general
intelligence, sound morality, and in particular, a reverence for the
constitution and laws: and, that we improved to the last; that we
remained free to the last; that we revered his name to the last;
that, during his long sleep, we permitted no hostile foot to pass
over or desecrate his resting place; shall be that which to learn the
last trump shall awaken our WASHINGTON.

Upon these let the proud fabric of freedom rest, as the rock of its
basis; and as truly as has been said of the only greater
institution, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Jai Guru Dev