On Feb 28, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Kirk wrote:

Better to just flush him like the shit he was, like Adi Da and the rest of the sorry poseurs who jumped the guru bandwagon. Flush them all. All they
did was confuse people's minds.

Well, isn't it important to keep things in perspective? Many feel the same way about the Maharishi. That's not to say that we didn't enjoy the trip while we were on it or the incredible people we met. I know I did.

But we've grown so much since then. TM and TM-Sidhi triumphalism just doesn't ring true today, now that the naivete has worn off. Incredible claims are still being made: we achieve samadhi, we'll bring world piece, we have the studies to prove it--but it's more transparent now than ever. The hare was passed by many turtles. A lot of people should be asking where is and where was the beef. But one thing about time: when it doesn't melt away the mask of naivete, it just may mean that the mask became unremovable.