I am the eternal wrote:

> It's hard not to scream when you see how many physicians,
> pharmaceutical companies, medical-device makers and, lately,
> hysterical conservatives seem to hate science, or at best ignore it.
> These days the science that inspires fear and loathing is
> "comparative-effectiveness research" (CER), which is receiving $1
> billion under the stimulus bill President Obama signed. CER means
> studies to determine which treatments, including drugs, are more
> medically and cost-effective for a given ailment than others. A study
> in February in the journal Lancet, for instance, compared treatments
> for severe ankle sprains, concluding that a below-the-knee cast is
> superior to a tubular compression bandage. A 2006 study of
> schizophrenia drugs found that old-line antipsychotics were as
> effective as pricey new ones.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried giving schizophrenics licorice to calm
them down?   I swear that if you used vata reducing herbs to those
people they would ground out and get off the streets.   Some of those
folks are a little toxed out though so probably need a few days of
reduction therapy before giving them the tonification stuff.  It's worth
a try as you might get some of these people buying a box of licorice
vines instead of a bottle of cheap wine.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: