--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Now this might be interesting if well executed.  It is a series
> about the US as a corporate backed monarchy with Ian McShane
> ("Deadwood") as the King. It's is a modern update of the Biblical
> King David story.  Debuts this Sunday on NBC.
> http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/06/nbcs-kings-scri.html

This sounds interesting. Ian McShane alone
makes it a "must see" series, at least long
enough to give it a chance.

My copy of "Castle" is still downloading, so
I can't comment on it. I don't have high hopes
for it; I just love Nathan Fillion, and hope
that he lands a role someday that is halfway
as good as Captain Tightpants in "Firefly."

I'm still fuming about my "guilty pleasure"
series, "The L Word." After having set us up
all season to find out who killed the horrific
megabitch that we in the audience all wanted
to kill, too...they didn't. They "played it
out" such that *everyone* at the party at which
she wound up dead in the swimming pool had good
reason to want her dead. And then they left it
there. Interesting, I guess, but I'm left feel-
ing the same thing that one reviewer of the
episode said in the title of his or her review:
"The L Words: Lame, Lousy Letdown."

And, thanks to you, I'm now stuck watching "24."
As comedy, mind you, but sometimes it's so bad
that the laughs come few and far between. A
bunch of terrorists finding a secret way into
the *White House* and taking the President
hostage...yeah...that's gonna happen.

It looks as if "Life On Mars US" is not going
to be renewed, which gives me reason to doubt
my own rant about "deserves" this morning. If
any terrible remake of a great British TV show
"deserved" to die a horrible death, it's this
one.  :-)

But with any luck a second 8-episode season of
"Ashes To Ashes" (the British followup series
to "Life On Mars") will be back soon, so I can
get back into that alternative reality the way
it was supposed to be done. Philip Glenister
as Gene Hunt could have eaten Harvey Keitel as
Gene Hunt for breakfast, and had room for
seconds. I actually *like* Harvey Keitel some-
times, but this is even worse than his perform-
ance in that godawful Jane Campion disaster
"Holy Smoke," with him as the stupidest anti-
cult deprogrammer in the known universe. And
if you had the misfortune to see "Holy Smoke,"
you know how bad bad can be.