Rick Archer wrote:
> [...]
I seem to remember a tape from the 70's but it was on the "new math"
which was very controversial at the time.  I can't see any Indian
disparaging being competent at math.  After all it makes getting an HB1
visa more likely.  :-D

Of course many Indians these days may be less interested in that visa
because before all is said and done the US may wind up in worse shape
than India was in .... 15 years ago.

As for math there is math and math.  One for the left brained like
accounting, etc and the kind for the right brained to solve complex
problems which require quite an creative mind able to deal with
abstractions.  The latter may not be good at doing your books however.