--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <boo_li...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > [The the banks and AIG who are benefiting from bail out money, are the
> > > same folks who got us into an economic mess, and helped Obama get
> > > elected. The bail out money is just payback.]
> >
> > Did the economists who keep insisting that the
> > bailouts are essential to keep the financial
> > system from collapsing all get contributions
> > from AIG and the banks too? Are they all on the
> > payroll?
> >
> Yes but

(I hope you mean, "No, but...")

> many are upset about some of the details here.  Why
> are billions flowing thru AIG to Goldman which is a
> perfectly healthy bank.  And the billions flowing
> thru to euro banks - why not some help from euro
> taxpapers there?  There should at least be haircuts
> taken on these carrythroughs.

Agreed, we need a whole lot more transparency and
coherent, detailed explanation of what's going on.

What Democrats seem to have a very hard time figuring
out is that if they allow an information vacuum to
exist, Republicans will step right up to fill it in
with their own twisted interpretation, and folks will
latch onto that because they lack the necessary
information to recognize how twisted it is.