> In a message dated 7/1/05 10:01:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> One  could reply that Karl Rove is obviously pulling a sleight-of-
> hand  maneuver, creating a straw-dog "liberal pansy" to heap scorn on
> and  distract one from the facts: 1) Something stinks about the
> government  version of 9/11 itself, and 2) Iraq had nothing to do
> with 9/11 and had no  Al Qaeda blocs there -- although it certainly
> does now :-)
>
> But  this, too, is just another story of course :-)
>

> Or you might try reading the speech and putting what he said  in context.

Maybe this context
"He's right. We want to understand," In response to Karl Rove's assertion that
liberals were
trying to empathize with the 9/11 terrorists. "We want to understand why Osama
Bin-
Laden hasn't been captured. Why did the administration take its eyes off
al-Qaida to
invade Iraq? I mean, al-Qaida is the enemy Rove himself said we had to defeat.
But we
haven't. Instead of defeating our enemies, we went to war against an impotent
enemy —
Saddam … Why won't they level with the American people, and give an honest
assessment
of what's going on in Iraq and Afghanistan? I don't understand how our nation,
always the
good guys, is now perceived as the `bad guy' the world over. I don't understand
how
torture has become a commonplace occurrence inside facilities that bear the
stars and
stripes."