I am not sure. But I don't think anytime soon.

I sometimes like to listen to choral music. Big choirs 17th century. Some of it
is gorgeous music. The lyrics, which I usually don't understand, is all about
God and Christ and whatever. And the music was written in the "service of the
Lord".  Hasn't made me convert. I just like the music (once in a while). Its
clearly religious music as seen by its creators, and maybe even the choirs
(though some are simply singers who love to sing and are quite secular).
Doesn't affect me a hoot. Why would it. It has nothing to do with religion for
me. And I see not reason why high school choirs can't include such in their
repretoires. (they used to -- hope they still do. I don't care,

I would encourage HS lit classes to read world literature, Much of which has
religions roots.

And every scientist prior to and some during the Renaissance were made their
discoveries in the name of God. Or at least had to sing that song. Should we
not teach Newton in physics classes?

Indeed, according to some, Irish monks preserved western civilization during
the middle ages. Does that make it now religious knowledge?

Much art has religious roots.  Should art history be banned in high schools.

I am just exploring. Maybe there is a large difference between all of the above
and so called religious roots of TM. But I am failing to see it at the moment.