> According to Raja Jose Luis Alvarez, 400 000 students in
> Peru(?) are willing to learn TM! That's huisii! :D

All news from the TMO is always wildly exaggerated, everyone knows that. But
that doesn't mean that there isn't a grain of truth buried underneath the
propaganda. That figure of 400,000 students could well be true if you make
certain assumptions like (a) the kids aren't paying for it, (b) they're
extrapolating from a knowledge of the percentage of students who express an
interest in places they've actually visited to the whole country. For example
in the Philippines, during the campaign there, people were walking into
schools, teaching pretty much everyone and then walking on to the next school.
Given that you could go into a school and teach nearly all the kids for free it
would be reasonable to say that all the school students in the country were
willing to learn TM.

The same number is probably true of every country, provided someone else is
paying. As soon as people have to pay for themselves then it's an entirely
different matter.

The present business model is to extract money from rich people, use it to
teach poor kids, make videos of poor kids saying how much they like TM and play
them to rich people to extract more money from rich donors & so on. Taking a
percentage on each turn. It stalls when they run out of rich donors, when
someone does due diligence on the accounts for the global operation, or when
someone asks an awkward question like "why do we have to stump up so much cash
to teach kids? Why don't we just teach the kids for the cost of the teachers
living expenses?". To which the only answer is "we need the percentage to
maintain a regal court" or "hand over your dome pass".

In any case the sharp eyed will notice something. A couple of million dollars
in Peru teaches hundreds of thousands of kids, a few hundred million dollars in
India yields just 1,500 pundits. Mmmmm.