--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "margovon" <margo...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Obama Town Hall Questioners Were Campaign Backers
> > > President Obama has promised to change the way the government
> > > does business, but in at least one respect he is taking a page
> > > from the Bush playbook, stocking his town hall Thursday with
> > > supporters whose soft -- though far from planted -- questions
> > > provided openings to discuss his preferred message of the day.
> >
> > No comparison to BushCo's un-American fascist tactics with their
> > 'free speech zones'.
>
> Bush played hardball and got softball questions. Obama's
> campaign workers played ball and gave Obama softball
> questions. It's still softball and not the game as
> advertised. "...we didn't screen anybody."

Actually, I have it on good authority that
there WAS "screening" going on.

For health reasons, all PUMA members wanting
to attend the Town Hall meeting were tested
for rabies, and if they tested positive they
were not allowed in the hall without being
fitted for a muzzle.

But I think it is important to remember that
this was to protect the other Town Hall
attendees from the spread of the disease
should the PUMA folks start frothing at the
mouth and attempting to bite people, and was
NOT an exercise in the limitation of free
speech, as was practiced during the Bush era.

It was the same with the requirement that
radical feminists wear bright red T-shirts
with the letter 'F' printed on them during
the meeting. This was also a health measure,
designed to warn other attendees not to get
into discussions with them, because the
resulting shrieks and screaming on the part
of the feminists has been proven to cause
tintinitis and sometimes total deafness.

Some of the radical feminists complained later
that the T-shirts were a form of discrimination,
and that the 'F' really stood for 'FUCKED,'
but most observers in the News media wrote
that off as hopeful projection, because the
women saying it clearly hadn't been fucked
in decades.

Just trying to be helpful by providing some
of the "back story" behind the headlines...