<snip>
> The statement from me that Kerry nominated himself for a  purple
heart was
> inaccurate on my part. One is not nominated for Purple hearts.  But
one does
> have to have the appropriate people sign off on the medical
records  to show a
> wound in battle. The first doctor Kerry saw and the one that
actually  removed
> his shrapnel laughed at Kerry when Kerry asked him to sign off for
the  medal
> and refused to do so. He said he had seen worse wounds from a rose
bush.

No, sorry, as I've told you twice now, the guy who
*claims* to have treated Kerry's wound on this
occasion was not the doctor who filled out and signed
the treatment report.  There is no record of the guy
who makes this claim ever having treated Kerry.

Also, the person who made the crack about the rose
bush was not the doctor who claims to have treated
him but rather Hibbard, his commanding officer at the
time; and that was his recollection 30 years later.

However, Hibbard claimed the wound was in Kerry's
forearm, when it fact it was in his upper arm.  Plus
which, it's hard to imagine that if a piece of shrapnel
had to be removed, as the treatment report states, that
the wound would be no worse than a scratch from a rose
bush.  So Hibbard's testimony is suspect on this point;
and it even conflicts with the account of the guy who
makes the apparently false claim that he treated Kerry.

> Perhaps Kerry found another doctor who would. And the two wounds I
Spoke  of were
> self inflicted,albeit not intentionally, and not in combat with
the  enemy,
> according to eye witnesses.

The first wound *was* received in combat. The supposed
eyewitness who claims it was self-inflicted has been
discredited; he was not with Kerry that night and could
not have seen what happened.  Two crewmates who *were*
with him and *did* see what happened both said it was
not self-inflicted.

But as Sparaig has noted with regard to the second
(which was self-inflicted), a Purple Heart is
awarded if the wound was received in action against
the enemy, if not in actual combat.

Self-inflicted wounds are eligible for Purple Hearts
if they weren't *deliberate* and if they weren't due
to negligence, as long as they were received in action
against the enemy.

The real point here is that all this crap about
Kerry's Purple Hearts (indeed, just about every
claim the Swift Vets have made) has been extensively
looked into and found either to be false or in very
serious doubt.  You're parroting stuff that has long
since been discredited (and you're not even getting
a lot of *that* right), but whatever sources you're
getting it from have not bothered to tell you this.