--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <nelsonriddle2001@> wrote:
> >

> > Legal aspects sounds logical- calling it a marriage is a little hard to
> > take.
> >

> Nelson, your statement is loaded with emotional baggage but at the same time,
> I don't think it's fair to tell you, "Well, just get over it." Everyone is
> entitled to feel whatever it is that they feel about it, struggle with it,
> and perhaps find some peace with it. Iowa has given it's blessing for gay
> couples it marry, and gay or straight, like it or not, it is now everyone's
> journey to find a way to embrace all committed relationships and their
> families.

  Good points RD, I have an ex brother in law in a partnership which is not a
problem and, believe it's best to try to treat people as they would like to be.
  Being too much "in your face" about issues causes resentment tho.
  My wife is a pro life activist which is not my main issue and, I get tired of
hearing about it after a while.