On Apr 15, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Duveyoung wrote:

"curtisdeltablues"  wrote:
So you are still missing the point? It is the hypocrisy of his position on gayness that I am criticizing. Not that he might be gay. You remind me of my cats Judy. When I point my finger at a treat, they look at my finger.

Curtis,

Now that was funny. Judy in a nutshell....emphasis on the word "shell."

I'm continually amazed that you debate her when you know it will come to naught in terms of helping her evolve her POV.

I'm guessing that you do it as an intellectual exercise for your own benefit -- practice makes clarity.

I got a kick out of that too--it could be a nyaya sutra:

"Points finger at catnip but cat looks at finger."

Moral of sutra: the cat missing the catnip and choosing the finger is a metaphor for those who intuitively or deliberately miss the point of a comment.