I had to go out without breakfast this morning so I thought I'd stop
into my favorite Mexican restaurant for breakfast.  This was my first
Mexican restaurant north of the border.  I ordered huevos con chirizo.
 Fried potatoes, refried beans and tortillas (I chose flour) came with
it.  I expected a little bite as I get in Mexico, something that would
blow off my plate if I breathed hard.  Instead I got what looked to be
6 extra large eggs fried with chirizo, slices of a good sized potato
sliced and fried, refried beans, a basket of floor tortillas and a
sweetish red pepper sausa.  I was shocked.  I ate about 1/3 of it.

So now I understand why Mexican Mexicans are thin and Hispanics are
hefty.  In Mexico I'd get one or two regular eggs fried with chirizo,
a few papas fritas, some refried beans and a couple of tortillas.

So Hispanic food's been supersized too.  And Austin isn't as bad as
Dallas but it's close.  Austin isn't a town built for walking very
far.  Mexican towns are built for walking.  Indeed some towns can only
be accessed by walking.  So plenty of intake with little calories
burned versus fewer calories with lots of calories burned.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those who understand
binary and those who don't