--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "raunchydog" <raunchydog@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Just as Bush tried to squash free speech by rounding up protesters the
> > Republican National Convention in New York in 2004, the hyper vigilance
> > of the DHS will be the undoing of what little we have left of the bill
> > of rights. Get this straight. Most people who go to a protest, whether
> > on the left of right of the political spectrum are law abiding citizens
> > who do not mean the president harm.>
> >
> > Er, they are not talking about protesters dummy.
> >
> > They are talking about right-wing armed militia who intend to operate
> > outside the bounds of the law.
> >
> > OffWorld
> >

> It is not a coincidence the DHS report came out just in time for
> the Tea Party protests. Make no mistake about it, this is a
> warning to the people who disagree with Obama.
>
> The DHS report conveniently leaves out any reference to leftist
> groups and lumps all conservatives in with a small number of
> extremists. Shockingly, they also include veterans because they
> can be turned into Timothy McVeys by extremist groups. So now we
> should fear veterans? Ridiculous.
>
> The DHS is an unaccountable political arm of whatever party is
> in power; first Bush and now Obama. We should disband the entire
> organization. The right wing wanted the DHS until Obama got it and
> the left wanted to shut it down when Bush had it. Either way, it
> only points out the obvious; it is a political organization, that
> can exert the sort of power not anticipated by the framers of the
> Constitution.

"Shepard Smith blows the 'DHS is picking on the Tea Parties' meme out of the
water"

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/shepard-smith-blows-dhs-picking-tea

http://is.gd/sNfx

Turns out, there was also a DHS assessment of left-wing groups as well and that
both assessments were commissioned under the Bush administration. It's pretty
funny that this meme was debunked on Faux Noise, of all places.