--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey, how hard would it be to put the "number of words, sentences,
> > paragraphs" also into this report.  Turq did me a major kindness the other
> > day and counted my sentences, and I kinda got off on the sheer productivity
> > of the number.....ego, only ego, yeah, but hey, it could be interesting in
> > that we'd measure the folks by a deeper dynamic.  If someone posts 50
> > messages but only produced 500 words, they'd be seen as folks who are
> > satisfied to pepper FFL with blurbification.  Those like me would stand out
> > as blabbermouths.  Could be some insights about us would be clarified.
>
> Great idea! Its like so hard right now to figure out who runs off at the
> mouth and who doesn't. Now we can have charts and graphs. One more idea
> though, how about a count of the number of insightful and/or original points
> in each post. And then we can have an insight per 100 lines type metric. (No,
> negative numbers will NOT be allowed).

Great Swan,

I haven't taken the time to search for all your responses to my posts, lazy
here, but could you please inform me why you have taken the time to smack at my
ego? It's not just my latest post that's triggering you, but instead, it seems
my whole history of posting has your chain pulled -- and not in a good way.

Yeah, my ego deserves a smack, by why did you elect yourself to be the one who
does it?  Seems to me that your ego is, um, thinking highly of its own opinions
too.

As for my suggestion, sue me, but I like this kind of "silly analysis," and if
my ego finds some sort of rationale for thinking itself "better" than others'
egos, say, because I valued my prolixity over the brevity of other posters,
what the fuck is it to you that I'm indulging in this "egoic sin of
attachment?"  Er, are you my guru, my psychologist, my punisher, my teacher, my
WHAT???? Or, are you flogging me publicly for the general instruction and
common weal?

Are you sorta a Don Quixote tilting at my windmills?  Of all the ills of the
world caused by egoic attachment, I'm your target?  Why am I so special to you
when the whole world's darkness is founded upon the much more potent
attachments of others in the world? Should I be "honored" to have gotten your
attention when life is awash with far more odious examples of ego?

Seems to me, since I don't think I've personally attacked you in previous posts
(inform me if I have done so, please)I'm thinking maybe you have an issue that
has little to do with me.

I do read all of your posts, and do so eagerly.  I like how you tick.  Get it?
I'm wondering why I like you so much and have agreed with you so much, yet
still, despite that harmony, I've managed only to achieve your disdain.  Can
you clear all this up for me?  Did I get nasty on your ass in the past and I'm
still being punished for that, or are you, like, dusting the FFL furniture --
just a little job to keep things tidy here?  How do you see yourself in all
this?

Edg